He founded his own consultancy and architecture-engineering firm in 1992.
Since his debut as architect-engineer (1981), he has completed many civil engineering structures and architectural projects in France and abroad.
Marc Mimram has taught at the École des Ponts et Chaussées in Paris, the École Polytechnique Fédérale in Lausanne, and the University of Princeton in the United States. He was appointed a Professor of Architectural Schools and currently teaches at the École d’Architecture de Marne-la-Vallée near Paris.
Awards and Honors
- Eiffel award for steel architecture, for the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Strasbourg
- ArchiDesignClub Award, for the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Strasbourg
- Gold Cup Demonstration Award, for the Zhong Sheng Da Dao Bridge in Sino Singapour, China
- Member of the Académie d’Architecture
- Aga Khan Award for Architecture 2013, for the Hassan II Bridge in Rabat, Morocco
- Chevalier of the French Legion of Honor (La Légion d’Honneur)
- French Metal Construction Syndicate Award for the Pailleron Swimming and Ice-skating Complex in the 19th arrondissement of Paris
- Chevalier of the National Order of Merit (l’Ordre National du Mérite)
- Renault Traffic Design Award for the Strasbourg-Kehl Pedestrian Bridge
- French Metal Construction Syndicate Award in the Civil Engineering Category for the footbridge over the Célé River in the Figeac region
- French Metal Construction Syndicate Award in the Civil Engineering Category for the footbridge over the Saint-Denis Canal in Aubervilliers
- French Metal Construction Syndicate Award for the EDF pylons
- Chevalier of Arts and Letters (des Arts et des Lettres)s
- European Metal Construction Award for the Garde Adhémar Viaduct in Donzère
- Moniteur Architecture Award: Silver Set Square (Équerre d’argent) for the Solférino footbridge in Paris
- APK Award from the Association for Steel Construction and its Teaching
- Moniteur Architecture Award: Special mention for the Silver Set Square (Équerre d’argent), Éprunes toll station on the A5 highway
- Architecture Academy Award: Silver medal for research and technique